Select a Candidate, Make an Offer
It’s time to select a candidate! When the dust settles from interviews, you may have one stand-out candidate, or you may have many. To make a final decision, you’ll want to compare candidates against your list of necessary skills, look for a culture match, and do background and reference checks. This series will hone those skills, help you compose a compelling offer, and reel in your new team member. Each interviewing training module is approximately 12-17 minutes.
- Choosing the Best Fit
- Background and Reference Checks
- An Offer They Can’t Refuse
When your hiring process turns up two or more qualified candidates, count yourself lucky! However, you still need to narrow your choice to just one. Is it time to flip a coin? How do you decide in a fair and nondiscriminatory way when both candidates seem equally qualified?
Considering education and skills can be challenging because you won’t always be comparing apples to apples.
One technique to take some guesswork out of your selection is to convert your impressions into numerical scores based on the target profile you defined at the beginning of your talent search. In this course, we will focus on:
- Analyze candidate experience and education and convert them to numeric ratings as compared to a target profile.
- Analyze candidate interview responses and convert them to numeric ratings compared to a workplace culture/target personality profile.
- Describe why personality/attitude can be more important to candidate selection than skills.
Want more information? We’ve got you covered!